Burning Man Festival 2012
Giant Game of Jenga Anyone ?1. Radical Inclusion Anyone may be a part of Burning Man. We welcome and respect the stranger. No prerequisites exist for participation in our community.
2. Gifting The value of a gift is unconditional. Gifting does not contemplate a return or an exchange for something of equal value.
3. Decommodification In the spirit of gifting, the community seeks to create social environments that are unmediated by commercial sponsorships, transactions, or advertising. We stand ready to protect our culture from such exploitation. We resist the substitution of consumption for participatory experience.
4. Radical Self-reliance Individuals are encouraged to discover, exercise and rely on his or her inner resources.
5. Radical Self-expression No one other than the individual or a collaborating group can determine its content. It is offered as a gift to others. In this spirit, the giver should respect the rights and liberties of the recipient.
6. Communal Effort Our community values creative cooperation and collaboration. We strive to produce, promote and protect social networks, public spaces, works of art, and methods of communication that support such interaction.
7. Civic Responsibility We value civil society. Community members who organize events should assume responsibility for public welfare and endeavor to communicate civic responsibilities to participants. They must also assume responsibility for conducting events in accordance with local, state and federal laws.
8. Leaving No Trace We are committed to leaving no physical trace of our activities wherever we gather. We clean up after ourselves and endeavor, whenever possible, to leave such places in a better state than when we found them.
9. Participation Our community is committed to a radically participatory ethic. Everyone is invited to work. Everyone is invited to play. We make the world real through actions that open the heart.
Where to Stay Excellent hostels, motels & hotels to break the journey are available in Nevada near Burning Man just book here. For the festival just camp out or sleep in your car/artwork/tent.
The Gay Scene Burning Man is a very open festival and people are open to express themselves freely.
Art Founder Larry Harvey gives a new theme every year to bond the participants. Participants are asked to give life to the theme with large pieces of art and theme camps.